What To Do When a Loved One Dies?
Candice Aiston, an Oregon estate planning attorney, recently wrote an excellent article that explains the things that should be done when a loved one dies. Among them are:
- Notifying a doctor, coroner, and/or the local authorities
- Determining whether decedent wished to donate tissues and organs
- Notifying family and friends
- Making funeral arrangements
- Preparing an obituary
- Locating estate planning documents
- Arranging for the care of minor children and pets
- Creating an inventory of personal property and assets
- Contacting an estate planning attorney, as well as other financial professionals to determine the best way to proceed with the administration of the estate
- Obtaining a death certificate
- Compiling a list of creditors
You can read “What to do When Your Loved One Dies” by following the link.